Translate

I can go the distance.



Go the distance
Michael Bolton

I have often dreamed, of a far off place
Where a hero's welcome, would be waiting for me
Where the crowds will cheer, when they see my face
And a voice keeps saying, this is where I'm meant to be

I'll be there someday, I can go the distance
I will find my way, if I can be strong
I know ev'ry mile, will be worth my while
When I go the distance, I'll be right where I belong

Down an unknown road, to embrace my fate
Though that road may wander, it will lead me to you
And a thousand years, would be worth the wait
It might take a lifetime, but somehow I'll see it through

And I won't look back, I can go the distance
And I'll stay on track, no, I won't accept defeat
It's an uphill slope, but I won't lose hope
Till I go the distance, and my journey is complete

But to look beyond the glory is the hardest part
For a hero's strength is measured by his heart

Like a shooting star, I will go the distance
I will search the world, I will face its' harms
I don't care how far, I can go the distance
Till I find my hero's welcome, waiting in your arms

I will search the world, I will face its harms
Till I find my hero's welcome, waiting in your arms

***

Moi uczniowie, a w zasadzie uczennice, śpiewają sobie piosenki z bajek Disneya, więc natchnęło mnie, żeby sobie niektóre z nich odświeżyć. Uwielbiam Mulan, przypomniało mi się, jak kilka lat temu oglądaliśmy namiętnie Herkulesa, więc po mojej ulubionej chińskiej bohaterce walczącej u boku mężczyzn przyszła kolej na grecką mitologię. Swoją drogą wersja Disneya nawiązuje mocno do chrześcijaństwa... Bohater, który wolał wyrzec się boskości i przywilejów mieszkania na górze Olimp, aby pozostać ze swoją ocaloną ukochaną na ziemi, po którą nie zawahał się zstąpić aż na dno piekieł. Oczywiście ludzie sporo namieszali, tworząc takie legendy. Wierzcie mi, biblijna historia zbawienia jest o wiele bardziej niesamowita!

***

Czasami strasznie, strasznie, strasznie tęsknię. Ale za kim lub za czym, tego sama nie wiem...

Komentarze